WhatsApp Pay In India WhatsApp Pay service has been officially now live in India. With the help of this service, users can now make payments during chatting. This service can compete with digital wallets like Paytm Google Pay and PhonPe.
The National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has recently allowed WhatsApp’s UPI service WhatsApp Pay to go live in India. After which WhatsApp Pay has officially launched in India. Let us know that the company was testing it in India for a long time, which has now been made available for Android and iOS users. But in the first segment of Whatsapp Pay, NPCI has set a cap of 2 crore users. This means that only such users will get the option to use the payment feature of Whatsapp right now.
What is WhatsApp Pay Service?
WhatsApp Pay service was running on beta testing in India for the last two years. Because it was not officially launched due to some problems coming in it. But now after approval from NPCI, it has been made available to Indian users. This is a UPI based service and with its help, users can send money like photos in the chatting box itself.
WhatsApp Payments has been designed in partnership with the National Payments Corporation of India or NPCI, and it is based on the Unified Payments Interface or UPI. To get started you need to be on the latest version of WhatsApp for Android or iOS. Your WhatsApp number should be the same number that’s linked to your bank account too.
WhatsApp Pay service is available in 10 local languages of India and users can use any of these languages as per their convenience. This feature is available on both Android and iOS platforms. But for this, you have to update your WhatsApp account first. To avail of this feature, it is necessary to have a UPI based debit card with users.
WhatsApp Pay enables peer to peer digital payment via the messaging platform. Here’s how to set up WhatsApp Payments on your smartphone.
WhatsApp Payments: How to set up
1. Open WhatsApp > go to Settings > tap Payments.
2. Tap Add payment method. Next, choose your bank.
3. After you’ve selected your bank, you’ll need to verify your phone number. Tap Verify via SMS.
4. Wait for the verification process to finish. Once done, your bank details will be added below Payment methods.
WhatsApp Pay: How to make payments
1. Open a WhatsApp chat and tap the attachment icon.
2. Tap Payment > type the desired amount > hit enter.
3. Enter your UPI pin to complete the payment.
Follow these steps to send money to those people who use other UPI apps such as PhonePe or Google Pay.
- Open WhatsApp > go to Settings > tap Payments.
- Tap New Payment > tap Send to a UPI ID > enter the UPI ID > hit Verify.
- After the UPI ID is verified, type the desired amount, and hit enter.
- Enter your UPI pin to complete the payment.
You can also send a request to your WhatsApp contacts who have not yet registered with Whatsapp. To do that, follow these steps.
- Open a WhatsApp chat > tap the attachment icon > tap Payment.
- On the next screen, tap Notify to let the other person know about WhatsApp Payments feature.
By following these easy methods, you can start making digital payments via WhatsApp. This is everything that you need to know about WhatsApp Payments.
Talking about the features available in the WhatsApp Pay service, with the help of this feature, users can transfer up to one lakh rupees in a day. Using this feature, you can send money to any of your WhatsApp numbers anytime, anywhere. As much as this feature also provides you the facility of recharge. Money transferred from WhatsApp Pay will be directly saved in your account.